Re: viburnum bulletin

Hey Pam, Congrats on the Blackhaw. It's the only native viburnum here in NE also. The rabbits just about ate mine level with the ground, but it's only a couple of years old. Guess I shuld have fenced it.

Pam Evans wrote:
My blackhaw viburnum (my favorite) for eight years has been the only
viburnum in the yard that hasn't bloomed.  The rest all have w/in 2 years of
being planted.  Well guess what - I just went out there and it is covered in
flower cluster buds.  I just can't tell you how gratifying that is after
waiting eight long years!   I mean it's 12 feet tall, not like it isn't
mature or anything.  I'm totally delighted and thrilled.  I knew anyone else
would think I was nuts but y'all would understand!  And my leatherleaf
mahonia has berries on it for the first time in 7 years.  Normally we get a
hard freeze when it's blooming which kills off the buds.  Not this year.  I
am walkin' on sunshine man!  WOW.