Re: Happy News!!!

Melody that's awesome! Congrats to you!!!!!!!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 6:51 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Happy News!!!

Well, Good Friday is turning out to be a very good day for me. Not only
spiritually...this is of course, one of my three favorite days in the
year...when the fullness of God's love is revealed for us all.
But...beyond that: I got a new
job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twenty three years of bedside nursing are almost over...woohoo!!!!!

My brother's death has served as a catalyst for me in many ways...it
really brought home to me that life is too short to continue doing
something that has never, not once in twenty three years made me happy.
I knew 3 months before graduating from nursing school that this was
something I was really going to hate, but after 5 years and $25,000 I
felt stuck. And really, nursing has provided me with a good living...it
pays the mortgage and buys the groceries and supports my family. But my
heart has never really been in it. Which is a shame, because I am rather
good at it, if I do say so myself.

But for the past several years I have felt more and more trapped...and
more and more like my soul was dying of unhappiness. And so a couple of
weeks ago I decided to quit whining about how much I hate my job and I
made a decision to leave it. Either I would find a new job in a
different field or I was going to quit working entirely, take my
retirement fund and go back to school. When miracle of miracles, I found
a listing at my hospital for a nursing job that is all about computers
and involves no patient care, is Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., no
weekends, and no holidays. I am so excited I am almost beside myself!!!

So the countdown to my last days as a bedside psychiatric nurse begins:
April 19th will be the last day I ever have to get spit at,
hit/kicked/hair pulled, or sworn at again; I will never have to give
another shot to anyone or force anyone to take medications or eat or
clean up various body fluids again. Yeah for me!! Happy dances all over
the place!!

Okay...okay: now that I've got that out of my system I can go back to
being my usual stoic Midwestern self! Except that I can't seem to stop
smiling and giggles keep sneaking up on me!

Blessings in Christ's mercy,

Melody

Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!