Re: Happy News!!!

Sidelined with a small head injury long enough they hired someone else & former boss won't hire me again apparently. I've applied twice, finally decided to just move on. It's a small department 4 FTE profiled nurses, a couple prns & support staff. Not a lot of turnover. I worked in hospice 16 years and loved it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy News!!!

Judy, Cathy, and all: Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I have
been waiting years for a position like this to open up...out of nearly
1600 RN positions in our hospital, there are only 10 who do this
particular job and most of them have been in their lines for many, many
years...not a lot of turnover.

Judy: After all these years of bedside nursing, even though I am only
43, I have back and shoulder problems that are only getting worse.
Especially these last several years of geriatric nursing...loads of
lifting. Why aren't you still in hospice nursing? That seems an ideal
fit for you...

And Cathy--you are right, admin. is another thankless job...but isn't that the nature of the beast in all of nursing?

Blessings in Christ's mercy,

Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!