Re: new pics

I got mine locally as we have a "bee" store here in Sacramento. But I think most of their supplies come from Knox Cellars. The condo that I got is actually their Nester Shelter, plus one extension. I've always used their Nester 74 cans of tubes and these fit in the Nester Shelter too. When I started out with the mason bees a couple of years ago I got just 5 tubes of bees, I bought another set of tubes of a different species of solitary bees a couple of years ago, so that I'd have a variety. Now I have lots of bees (hence the reason I decided to get a bigger system for them- so now I get have even more: )

Here's the link-
http://www.knoxcellars.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KCNP&Category_Code=SS

Oh- and it seems fine to have them in your neck of the woods. Here's some info-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchard_mason_bee
http://www.pollinatorparadise.com/Solitary_Bees/SOLITARY.HTM

Theresa

Pam Evans wrote:
Great pics Theresa - your place is just gorgeous!

Beautiful, Theresa!  Gives me something to look forward to.  I was also
drawn immediately to the bee condo pics.  Do you have a website link for
the
company that makes them?  Do you think this is something one could do in
Zone 5? or are we too cold?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5