RE: oh my aching...

We didn't get a lot of work done this weekend. Despite lots of wind we
rode on Saturday but cut it short, the horses were not real happy. We
cleaned out the horse stalls and I managed to get just a little weeding
done and deadhead about half the daffodils. There are still quite a few
in bloom but they'll probably be all gone in 10 days or so. I got all
the bigger patio plants out of the greenhouse and cleaned the pond
filter and scooped out some of the muck in there. Sunday was even more
windy and it got rather cold. At least the weather was not bad just on
the weekend; last week was mostly ugly and the wind continues today. If
this doesn't let up I'm going to have to get some goggles so I can get
something done outside, I just can't work with dirt getting in my eyes
all the time. Unfortunately the weeds do not stop growing in the wind!
My purple lilacs are in full bloom, very nice - too bad my allergies are
in full bloom also or I would be able to smell them.  The white ones
will bloom in a couple weeks it looks like.
The wildflowers also are in full bloom. On the way to our riding lesson
we passed miles of goldfields and poppies. The poppies won't fully open
in the wind but the color is still pretty dazzling. Not very much purple
(owl's clover, lupine, and gilia) in the mix this year but there was a
little. My back yard has only goldfields this year, hardly any poppies,
and it looks like in a month or so we'll see some thistle sage. On my
hike Sunday morning we saw a lot of different species but again the
poppies were all closed, still it was pretty. My dry garden though has a
lot of poppies in it and because I water it now and again they are huge
and covered with blooms.
Ah, spring.

Cyndi