Re: Frost - Amazing sight

  • Subject: Re: Frost - Amazing sight
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:00:57 EST

We have been having snow since sometime during the night - not
very heavy, but steady.  It is now about seven inches deep, but
I'd far rather have snow than the freezing rain we had last month.
I just looked out the window and saw the most amazing sight.
A Baltimore (I know, they're Northern now, not Baltimore)
oriole. We see them now and then in the summer, but I have
never seen one here in the winter before.  Brilliant against the
snow.  The poor thing is acting starved - he's been steadily
eating at the feeder for more than ten minutes.  The other
birds keep flying at him, but he just sits there and eats.  I
don't know where he came from, but I'm glad he found the
feeder.  NowI need to go out in the snow and fill it again - looks
as if its almost empty.