Re: Frost - Amazing sight

  • Subject: Re: Frost - Amazing sight
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:00:55 EST

Kathy, I, too, had never seen an oriole here at this time of the
year before.  I can't imagine how or why he got here.  Unfortunately,
I have not seen him again, though we have watched constantly.
I even put out half an orange for him, since I know they like fruit.
The weather was bitter cold for the next three days - just beginning
to warm up a bit now - so I fear he may have perished.
This morning is the first this week that hasn't been around  10 degrees.
However, it's predicted to rain later today - looks like it now.  I know
from sad past experience that the rain will fall on the snow and
supercooled pavement and freeze into another sheet of ice.  We've
just had too much of that this year.  Oh well.  At least the days are
getting noticeably longer.  It's light when I get up at 6:00 AM instead
of staying dark until 7:00.
In a message dated 3/6/2009 3:10:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,