Re: wood you

  • Subject: Re: wood you
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 16:08:55 -0800

I recall burning about half a cord of birch on a campfire and not getting enough BTUs out of it to make a pot of coffee. Redbud can't be that bad.

On Mar 7, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

No but I've never heard of any particular reason why it can't be burned.

burn redbud would?
I cut down a cherry (newport flowering plum), part of a birch, and a large portion of a couple of big redbuds. A friend asked me for the birch and cherry to age for future use in a fireplace. I asked if he wanted the redbud and he said he didn't know if it was good for using that way. It seems like fairly dense wood, as dense as the cherry, so I'd think it would
be ok.  Has anyone burned redbud before?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5

--
Pam Evans