OT - hey!

  • Subject: OT - hey!
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:33:03 -0500

Hey!  whatsgoingon???

I bought GENUINE HP ink at Staples. Premium price, except that I had an $18 credit from bringing in empty cartridges. I usually buy on ebay and make sure I get good dates. HP claims that the "sell by" dates don't matter if the package hasn't been opened. That's bull and I know it, so I always make sure there's plenty of time on them.

This package was a double - one color, one black. The box was dated Nov 2010. But when I opened it, the individually wrapped cartridges had their own dates on their packaging. May 2010 and July2010. Is that Kosher????

Yes, I realize I still have plenty of time, but that's not right. What if I bought it in Aug 2010 and they didn't work???

Got me thinking. I do a lot of printing at this time of year, so I also bought backup cartridges on ebay, so I checked them Box says June 2010. Inside pkgs say December 09. I am hugely ticked.

Has anyone else noticed this?????

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5