Re: Wow - brug

  • Subject: Re: Wow - brug
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:46:54 -0500

Yeah, a greenhouse....
As it is, it is a science trying to wedge things in for winter storage - and getting them back out. It's musical chairs around here; many spaces pull double duty depending on the season. I have to move ornamentation from the florida room so I can set up heating pads on a bakers rack to give the Mirabils tubers a head start. It'll be just as cold out there at night as it is outside, but it heats up during the day from the sunshine. I'm hoping the heating pads will keep the soil warm enough to fool them into growing. All the tubers I stored in vermiculite had sprouts or at least eyes. Of the ones I stored in pots, only one has sprouted so far.

There just never is enough space, even though I have pared down a lot in recent years.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5