From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:05 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Wow

Sure been quiet.

Did my first 4 hours on the Master Gardener desk yesterday. Slow day
there, too--about seven phone calls and only two walk-ins. Issues de
jour seemed to be carpenter ants--hint: they're swarming now--and
fertilizing blueberries. Also got a couple of calls about our plant
sale: when? [first Saturday in May]; will we have heirloom tomatoes?
[about 40 varieties].

Kinda boring, so I read through the log to see what kind of calls
other shifts had gotten [mostly carpenter ants and blueberries] but
about a week ago someone called in for information on grafting figs.
Wish I'd gotten that call; it would've been fun.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'