Re: Wow

Hi Jesse,
Did you save the peony? They're pretty tough, glad they are still living for you. Mine are just starting to show the little red buds above the ground. We had about 5 days of nice weather, yesterday was windy (tornados about 15 miles away) and pounding rain. Some areas South of here got nickle to golf ball sized hail. Today is cold and windy. Have started a few plants in the basement, and uncovered a few others, will start preparing onion beds when the weather permits. Take care, Rich

Jesse Bell wrote:
All my hens are the same age.  They all watch me like a hawk.  I went into
their yard on Sunday to move a peony that Rich gave me.  They have been
pecking it down to a nub so I moved it.  Well, if I found a grub, I threw it
over my shoulder and one hen will grab it and run off squeeling and
squaking...because the other seven hens are chasing her.  When it's eaten,
they all come running back to me and stand there waiting, which doesn't take
long, and I throw another one over my shoulder.  Same thing.  One hen
catches it, and gets chased all over the yard by the others.  Kind of funny
to watch.  The two roosters don't even stand a CHANCE around all those
hens.  They don't even TRY.  When I'm weeding my gardens and find grubs, I
toss them in a bucket and at the end of the day I pour myself a glass of
wine, take my bucket out to the hens and start tossing them.  Better than
watching T.V.

On 3/24/09, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI <