Re: Moving peonies

  • Subject: Re: Moving peonies
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:20:44 -0500

Cindy, sorry to say, it seems you couldn't have picked a worse spot. And the idea of putting a peony in a wet spot sounds like a good case for rot. Standard garden peonies like full sun, moist but well-drained soil, reasonably rich, fertile soil (but they'll still do well in crappy clay.).

Or do you have a woodland peony (they like shade) or a tree peony? One of my tree peonies keeps sprouting from the herbaceous part. I keep cutting them out, but I think I'm going to have to do something more serious with it.

As to moving peonies, it is done in fall.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>