Re: ??????
gardenchat@hort.net

Thanks for being there, guys.  I have a hectic week ahead of me
what with a big index and several other commitments, but at least
this facet of my life is back on track.
Temperatures have been in the low 50s today and the ice pack is
diminishing.  In the coming week we will have to have someone to
work on all the tree devastation.  Not much could have been done
this week, since the snow had glazed into an ice pack all down the
back slope.  Chet looked at it and said "There goes our retirement
income."  Several dogwoods are badly broken.  The crabapple has
lost its top.  The redbud has lost one of its two stems.  The scholar
tree has lost numerous branches.  There are several large white pine
branches down, at least three of them in the pond.  I can't see the
Callery pear, but it is probably broken, too.
At least days are getting longer, and next week we will have the time
change, which will help.
Thanks again.
Auralie

In a message dated 3/7/2010 8:30:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,