From: "Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI Johnson" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2010 11:45:16 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: [CHAT] ??????

Not too many of us talking on here last week, it's true. Sorry to hear
about all your nice trees but hopefully once it's cleared up they won't
look so bad. It's sure expensive getting the work done though.
Husband finally took a good look at the front sycamores and agreed we
need to have them trimmed. I have cheaped out for years on that but this
time I'm going to grit my teeth and just pay for the only good
tree-trimmers we have locally to do it. It'll be in the low four figures
but the cheap folks I had out to do the back trees just butchered them,
they still look awful two years later.
Our weekend weather wasn't so good again, but it's all relative...no
snow or ice anyway! I promised my friend I would take her dog out since
she is still pretty much house-bound, so Saturday morning I went out
with him and she walked with us for a block before she got too tired. I
decided I would do 4 miles, and I'm trying to start more intense
exercise so I tried jogging a bit during it, which left me so tired I
came home and slumped in front of the computer for a couple hours before
heading into the garden. I did get some weeds pulled and a few small
pruning jobs done before it started to rain. I was busy Sunday so
nothing got done outside then either. At least I always have something
to do... I'll probably start moving the patio plants out of the
greenhouse next week, we won't get a frost bad enough to hurt them now.
Daffodils still in full bloom, the nectarine tree is opening up just a
couple blossoms, the peas are coming up in the veggie garden. Nothing
else with much activity except the weeds and grass growing like crazy.

Cyndi