Re: it appears to be that time again...
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: it appears to be that time again...
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:10:40 -0700

These guys are usually pretty good. I think the ground was just softer than they expected. They do a good job of cleaning up the little stuff & would have taken the trunks & big limbs for a fee. Since Ed's brother burns wood, he's taking that out. Just takes longer a pickup load at a time. His chain saw is pretty light weight to deal with hardwood, but he's chipping away at it. The biggest trunk is about three feet across, the other 2 a bit smaller, and many big branches 1-2 feet. We may have an unencumbered yard by May. I need to move some Hostas that are planted around the bases of these. I think I'll swap them for some daylillies that are now shaded by bushes grown large. My shady gardens will have a lot more sun this summer. The roses out there will love it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>