Re: FaceBook
  • Subject: Re: FaceBook
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:51:51 -0400

Most business owners set up both personal and professional Facebook pages, and keep the bulk of the "friends" separate. When you're over 5000 friends, you'd need to set up a Fan page. Here's Walter Reeves' Fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Gardener/316845926823 and his original Facebook Page.
Walter also has a separate one for friends and family.

I think a Fan page is the way to go for a business owner, but I'm sure that Walter would be happy to talk to you about it. Georgiagardener@yahoo.com is his usual email address for commercial use, or he's in the GWA directory.

Neil Sperry also has a Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Neil-Sperry/431323175426?ref=search&sid=1693112409.31694248..1 that gives advice and sends updates to his fans about gardening chores, weather, etc.

One drawback seems to be that people constantly post questions and might get mad if they're not answered. I help answer questions from Walter's website, but there's no way that one can keep up with the Facebook onslaught. You'll notice that Walter has a link to questions from his fan page, but a lot of people post questions on Facebook anyway.

I've registered for a business Facebook page, but I'm not sure I could keep up with it. I'm thinking more of doing a blog with an RSS feed instead. People seem to find that faster than a website for some reason, though I get quite a few hits from my website anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net>