Guess the flower
  • Subject: Guess the flower
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:41:03 -0700

 Yesterday I saw some nice flowers, would be interesting to know what
they are. I was stopped in the car so I got a quick look but couldn't
get out to investigate.  Low thick clump of foliage, light green,
reminded me just a little bit of succulent foliage but it was not a
succulent.  Single flowers on a long stalk held high above the foliage;
one flower per stalk as far as I could tell; flowers were a brilliant
purple-dark pink. I thought maybe geum but I don't see a picture that
looks like what I saw.
This was in an area that rarely gets frost, it was growing with statice
and some pelargoniums nearby.  Can you point me at something?