Re: weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: weather
  • From: TeichFauna@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:14:40 -0400 (EDT)

Donna, the standing joke here is that since Continental merged with United
and moved their headquarters up to Chicago (along with many of the
employees  from here in Houston), they brought their weather with them.  That is our
 typical winter here.  We are so glad to be back to normal after two years
of unusually cold winters (at least for us, we are not used to anything
below  30's....and that only a few nights out of every winter).    Just  hope
that doesn't mean you'll have the summer we had last year with temps over
100 for months and NO rain!!!   Thankfully we are getting our weekly  rains
back again too.  YEAH!!!!!

Havd a doozy of a storm pass now, the one Pam has been mentioning.   Had a
few tornado warnings, and damage around the city, but thankfully nothing  in
this area but good soaking rains!    San Antonio area got hit  by a
tornado, not in mom's area, thank goodness.  Heart still goes out to  all that lose
their homes, etc.  They are not used to such type storms at  all.

Noreen
USDA zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 3/20/2012 7:45:10 AM Central Daylight Time,