Re: Spring was Request
  • Subject: Re: Spring was Request
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:48:53 -0400

Spring is here north of Atlanta, even though we went down to 26 yesterday morning. My serviceberry is about halfway finished, the daffs are done except for 2 late bloomers. Grape and wood Hyacinths are in full bloom, the neighbor's Bradford pears are almost finished with their stinkiness, Hostas have their noses in the air and most of my daylilies and Iris are 8" tall or so. Miraculously, the cold yesterday didn't turn the neighbor's Japanese Magnolia to brown Kleenex nor does it seem to have hurt the cherry trees. I don't know how well some of my blueberries will fare. Some of them were in full bloom and they looked pretty sad yesterday.

Please click to feed the animals: