From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Pamela J. Evans
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:53 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] runner plants

Well I live in the country - yes, Kemp is a town (1100 residents - I
thing they count dgos, cats and chickens) but this place will be vacant
for some time I believe. It will take time for someone to really
evaluate it. It was a drug house when I bought it and it took damn near
a year just to get all the broken glass out of the yard. It took 6
months of answering the door at all hours of the night w/ a 12 gauge in
my hand to run off the prison meat. Then I had the black gumbo clay to
deal with. I wonder some times how much I could do w/ good soil. Every
bed has to be prepared 3 months in advance. And all dug up by hand -
extra clay to the berm on the property line - lava sand and compost dug
in 18" deep. And so forth. I don't believe anyone will love this tiny
plot (80 X 200) as much I do but I pray a gardener will buy it. I haveno
decendents to leave it to, unlikely one of Jesse's girls or son will
want it. They're the closest thing I have to nieces and a nephew.

So - there you go.  Do what you want, when you want to do it and don't worry
about "later"