From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 11:29 AM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] ltr to the editor

The Living section of our local newspaper today had an article about a
young man who has opened his own greenhouse and has done so well that he
is expanding.  I have to ask you folks, what do you think of the opening
sentence? "A long-lived stereotype identifying plant and flower gardening
as girly gets dirt in its face when Ryan Baker steps onto the
horticulture scene." Kitty