Re: Yahoo! Photos: tchessie's photo(s)/callas

But that is exactly the environment for "marginal plants" they have adapted to conditions where the water level shifts dramatically through the year. Of course, I'm not saying that they could go from submerged to desert, but there are environments that undergo swings from inundation to relatively dry.
Cathy