Re: Yahoo! Photos: tchessie's photo(s)/callas/

Really? Where do I find one?
Cathy
On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 11:10 PM, David Franzman wrote:

If tall is the issue there are Canna types that only get a couple of feet tall. I have a really nice one that is called...I think...tiger eye or something similar. Beautiful.

DF

cathy carpenter wrote:

If canna would be too tall, so would all the hibiscus.
Cathy
On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 11:23 PM, Theresa- yahoo wrote:

They are too tall. There is a raised bricked bed right behind this area, so
I dont want to totally obscure it. What a delimma... In the mean time, I'm
going to give the couple of japanese iris a got a try. Hey- tell me more
about the hibiscus moscuetos...

Theresa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of David Franzman
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 8:48 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Yahoo! Photos: tchessie's photo(s)/callas/

What about more canna? Or did you say you had enough of that?

DF

David Franzman wrote:

Hibiscus moscuetos!  Swamp mallow.

DF

Theresa- yahoo wrote:

I'm sure it is a drainage problem, but what is the difference between wet
and poor drainage? And any other plant suggestions would be appreciated.
This spot used to have pea gravel covering the whole thing (now I think I
know why!) There is a concrete mow strip around it and I have run into

some

rock/concrete chunks buried in it too (these have been unremovable due to
size and proximity to the sidewalk and a brick raised bed. So.... still
need a plan. None of the "cheap" nurseries in the area had japanese iris-
so I will hunk more tomorrow. There used to be an Iris grower around

here-=

not sure if they still exist though.

Theresa