Re: ltr to the editor/stupidity

Coincidentally with this discussion, I received these from a fellow flower
show judge yesterday after spending a frustrating two hours sorting out a
very badly classified Horticulture Division.

> Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have
> an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets.
> "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.
> "You don't?" I replied.
> "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.
> "So I can't order a half-dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"
> "That's right."
> So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> The paragraph above doesn't amaze me because of what happened a couple of
> months ago. I was checking out at the local Foodland with just a few items
> and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine.  I picked
up one
> of  those "Dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it
> our things so they wouldn't get mixed.  After the girl had scanned all of
my  items, she picked up the "Divider" looking it all over for the bar code
so she could scan it.
> Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?"
> I said to her, "I've changed my mind.   I don't think I'll buy that today."
> She said "OK" and I paid her for the things and left.  She had no clue to
what had just happened.....
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and
> pulling it out very quickly.  When inquired as to what she was doing, she
> said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit
> card  number so she was using the ATM "thingy".
>> I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car.  Do you
need  some help?" I asked.
> She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door

> unlocker. Now I can't get into my car.  Do you think they (pointing to a
> distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit! this! ?"
> "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm too?" I asked.
> "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to
> me.
> As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you
> drive over there and check about the batteries.  It's a long walk."

> Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was
> typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper.
> What do I do?"
> "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her.  With that, the
> intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the
photocopier and proceeded  to make five "blank" copies.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed
> into the garage.  The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and
> the whole thing generally looked like an extra in Twister.   I asked the
> manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "cruise
> control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.
> IDIOTS AT WORK... Sign in a gas station: Coke -- 49 cents. Two for a
> IDIOTS & COMPUTERS... My neighbor works in the operations department in
the  central office of a large bank.  Employees in the field call him when