From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 6:00 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Wet Sunday< tornados?

Not Missouri or Kansas, but I got back from vacation on Saturday to 500
e-mails!  Sunday began our decent into hell with an accumulation (to
date) of
about 7 inches of rain.  Yesterday morning the cats and I spent a
"lovely"
time in the closet during a tornado watch during which time we had hail
the
size of ice cubes -- not an experience I would like to repeat. I just
heard
more thunder storms are forming. :-( Today was so humid I think all my
seeds
sprouted at once -- a good thing. The downside is the grass is also
running
rampant.  Oh, I discovered something else, too.  Nut sedge is not fazed
by
lasagna beds, but it is fairly easy to pull out of them.

zem
zone 7
West TN