Re: @ questions

> From: SallyAnn <safart@aug.com>
> I know there must be many of you who have brushed up against a Lily
& gotten
> pollen on non-gardening clothes..Just recently read how to remove
it & ----of
> course cannot remember the source.  ???Any & all help appreciated!
> SAINSA Z9
----------

SallyAnn, from posts I've saved, it appears that you need to try to
brush it off dry or vacuum it off dry.....don't wet it; that can set
the stain color, esp. in cotton.

If it has gotten wet, one person said she treats it with Shout or one
of the stain removal products and then washes it, when the stain will
mostly come out unless the fabric is polyester (guess that may be
permanent?...nobody said).  For small stains, she uses a dilute
bleach on the end of a Q-tip.

I have read that sunlight will bleach out the stains, but that's also
been a bit controversial, with some saying it doesn't work once
they've gotten wet and set in and some saying it will eventually
work, but may take a long time.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade