Re: mycorrhizal fungi?

Haven't personally used them, Libby, but there was a fairly recent
debate about them on GardenWriter's List.   Consensus was that they
do work for many plants but not all plants form mycorrhizal
associations; that they are fragile and you need to be careful using
fertilizers with them; mycorrhiza are ubiquitous but poor soils
lacking in organic matter can use them.

For more detailed info., check out the archives for the list for
March of this year:

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :