Re: Salix integra HN > nasty day

I went with the specific purpose of getting purple prairie clover (Dalea purpurea) but also picked up seedling New Jersey teas (Ceanothus americanus) and another Virginia creeper (Parthenocissus quinquefolia). Yes, I could have dug a Virginia creeper at the back of my property, but it was there in a pot and looking at me like it wanted a good home. My spouse was looking for marginal species to plant by the farm pond, where berm repairs essentially decimated all plantings. He came home with I. versicolor, and I. fulva, plus blue lobelia (Lobelia syphilitica). I told him that we had the lobelia self seeding all over the "swamp" and he could just transplant, but I guess he was in the same situation I was with the Virginia creeper!
The Missouri Botanic Garden is great - you could spend several days. It is located right in the city. The "Nature Center" is located probably 40+ miles south west of the city. It was originally purchased because the Botanic Garden's plants were dying from city air pollution, but the atmospheric situation improved before they effected their move. It was then developed as a showcase for native plants - their wildflower garden and wetland areas are great. And anyone who isn't into that can always go a few miles east up I44 to 6 Flags.