Re: FW: Fight Mosquitoes

Pamela J. Evans wrote:
Even if y'all don't have the West Nile thing to contend w/ - NO ONE
likes mosquitoes! Just thought all gardeners could benefit from these
I don't know about the Vick's and the other remedies, but I have seen
this Lemon Joy + white plate business mentioned on other lists,
and I think it has been consigned to the category of Urban Legend (TM).
Subject: FW: Fight Mosquitoes

Pass this on to anyone who likes sitting out in the evening or when they're
having a cook out. So you don't like those pesky mosquitoes, especially now that they have the
potential to carry the West-Nile Virus? Here's a tip that was given at a recent gardening
Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple of drops of Lemon
Fresh Joy dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. I'm
not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white plate color, or what, but mosquitoes flock
to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually
within about 10 feet of the plate. Check this out---it works just super!

To Fight Mosquitoes!!

Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A
Jim Fisher