From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 10:07 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] plant question

At the Lasdon plant sale today I purchased a plant that I have never
seen
before, and no one seemed to have any information about it.  The tag is
hand-written and not  extremely legible, but as best I can make out it
says
Seresita tortida.  Neither Hortus Third nor Exotica has a listing for
this.
The plant is a tiny shrub with woody branches - about 5 inches high with
very
closely-set minute leaves and tiny pink blossoms about a quarter inch
across
- the leaves are much smaller.  The blossoms arise right along the
branches,
not at the tips.  The plant is charming and since my garden club
specializes
in miniature or dwarf plants, it seemed an obvious thing I "needed" to
have.
But I do need to know something about it.  Since it was in the
greenhouse, I
assume it is tender.  Any information would be appreciated.   Auralie