Making a molehill...

Well, I have finally set to work making a molehill out of my mountain of
soil.  8 yards may not seem like much, but it takes time to move it by
the cartload.  They dumped it out front about the end of March and I've
used some for containers for my sale, but most of it is still there and
beginning to develop a slight collection of weedlings. So I've
incorporated elements of various methods suggested on the list.  I
expanded the bed under the maple in back by laying newspaper, lasagna
style, and covering that with a thick layer of straw that I need to get
rid of, and topped it all with a layer of good soil.  We'll see how that
does.  Tackling other areas as well - 1 yd down, 7 to go....  If I ever
get it all moved, I'll then have to order a load of mulch! Good day to do
it, too.  Overcast.  Don't think I've seen the sun for weeks, but at
least the rains are at a standstill. Kitty