From: Cersgarden@aol.com [mailto:Cersgarden@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 8:47 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] my loss

Dear Friends, my father expired yesterday morning (Wed).  He fell in the
nursing home and broke his hip  a week ago last Sat and had been in the
hospital till Tues when we moved him to Hospice.  He put a tough struggle in

the hospital but deteriorated each day.  I am so happy his last day was
spent
at Hospice.  I wish I could express how wonderful the H staff was. I was
with
dad from Tues morning, holding his hand thru the night till he took his last

breath about 9:30 Wed morn.  He had not responded in the night but opened
his
eyes for a brief time yet unable to talk. We assured him we loved him, said
our good-byes and he closed his eyes.  Unfortunately, a sister and brother
who live in Calif were trying to reach him but arrived to late.
    Heavy rains continue here on the prairie and hail twice in the past 2
days.
        Ceres