Re: Since we are on id'ing and stuff....

Well, Donna, I took a good look at my Pulmonaria someone munched and
the bites are fairly jagged, so it could be a critter - my choice is
rabbits or groundhogs; know I have both running around this year.

Re: your doves.  Seems like you need to just put out a pot for them,
let them move in and then plant another pot with what you want to
grow.  I think it's rather neat that they want to live in your pots
and don't mind you being that close to them.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Donna  <justme@prairieinet.net>
>
> As Kitty suggested, I looked for slugs by/on the hosta... nope, not
here
> yet.... shortly I am sure!... Wildlife here is unreal this year.
Just
> tonight as I was trying to take some pictures, here is this
squirrel
> sitting on the bench eating a nut he found. Didn't care that I was
2 ft
> from him... then there are the rabbits... who I have to get my
mothers
> dog out to chase or they just look at me like- yeah, what is your
> problem!... add those morning doves... Had a baby last week, and
sure
> enough, planted a few things in my container on the railing of
front
> porch.. they moved in within an hour. Didn't even think about
moving
> when I was working/building the bog, dirt flying, liner inserted...
just