Re: pruning hibs was: What is this strange item?

Marge, a certain amount of exfoliation seems to be the norm when our
seasons change from winter to spring.  I don't know the scientific
reason behind it but I've observed this from my own plants as well as
many other folks.  If you don't have mites or other pests and your
leaves just turn yellow and drop then I attribute it to the change.
 Must have something to do with being in a northern climate because
folks in the south who have them in the ground don't suffer from this.
 Being that they are evergreen that is the only way they can sluff off
leaves and grow new ones.  I suppose in the tropics they just lose some
all the time.  Jim or Sally or Noreen is that what you've observed?

DF