Re: pruning hibs was: What is this strange item?

I think you're right, David.  Mine have always dropped leaves - just
yellow and drop off.  I've attributed this to lower light, cooler
conditions and less water, tho' I don't allow them to become dry as
they don't like that, I've found.

Think if I had a warm greenhouse with lots of room for them to winter
in, they'd just keep on going as they have put out blooms even in the
lousy conditions they get...but I think those were from buds that
were set before I brought them in.  Who knows?  Like Auralie, these
old guys are part of my plant family and I just hope they keep on
hanging in there.  Amazing how long you can have some "house" plants
(i.e. tropical types)...I have a few that are well over 30 years old
and have been abused and neglected but keep on truckin'....I am NOT
good with houseplants; always seem to forget to water enough in
winter.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade