From: Marge Talt <mtalt@hort.net>
Sent: 05/23/03 01:43 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] caladium low temp. was:  picture

> According to all info. I have ever found, 60F is as low as they are
happy with; temps in the 50s can injure the tuber.  So, you need to
wait until your night time lows are around 60F before you put them
outside.  It's not that they will actually keel over at 50F, but they
will suffer, which means they won't grow as well for you.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Kitty Morrissy <kmrsy@earthlink.net>
> Just received 50 caladium tubers for our Display gardens last week.
 Of
> course we got a cold snap here, lows down to 40, highs just barely
> 65.  I gave the gardens the planting instructions from Caladium
World and