Florida trip

Hi my dear garden friends. Finally caught up reading my mail. Sounds like a
lot was going on. BD's, trips, weather, family loss & the usual looking for
info & sites to look at.
Had a nice time visiting my daughter/ son- in law & & going to my grandsons
graduation from Melbourne H.S. The weather was in the evening was perfect
for it. Nice breeze/ very low humidity. Surprisingly, which surprised my
daughter, I tolerated the heat / humidity. Each day I sunned myself,
carefully. got a nice tan. Look like a real Sicilian now. Dipped into the
pool. Couldn't swim because the PICC in my arm, so I just soaked did leg
exercises. They are attempting to garden. she has a a Plumeria in bloom,
lots of  oyster? plants. Mystery gardenia, azaleas, southern indicas, on the
north side that look very good. Limes in pots by the pool side & a grape
fruit tree. The citrus have a nutrient deficiency, probably minor elements.
Said to check with a MG. We were in Wal -mart  & my son - in law called to
me to see this palm. It was a Zamia, "Cardboard" palm. Beautiful. Bought one
& they will grow it in a pot for now. I went into google & the red seeds of
this palm are poisonous. A letter from a woman, said one of her 2 dogs died.
I saw beautiful specimens of Sago around town. My daughter has a nice
Phoenix Robellini in the front yard. Island Jim, what is this palm that
seemed to grow wild all over the place? Grows low / spreads. Almost
invasive. there were some small seedlings of a plant? popping up all over
her yard & finally I recognized it as spurge. Also she has a giant "bird"
growing nicely. I suggested to get a couple of banana trees thought they do
get light frosts. Any suggestions for hardy types? That's about all I can
think of for now.
They took real good care of me while there. My son - in- law is a gr888
cook. I felt really good & rested regularly. I couldn't have mt chemo before
I left. Platelets were down. Day after returning home, couldn't have chemo
again. This time my whites were slightly down. Should be ok for next week.
Gr888 to back with my child bride.
Hope you all have / had a gr888 Memorial Day weekend & a safe one.
Blessings to all.

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA  USA