From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 12:52 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] caladium picture questions

Jim,

I've not seen any with that shape up here - it's very neat, esp. the
rather wavy edges.  I did see a special section of Caladiums in Lowes
- all blooming; being sold as blooming.  Neat little spathes.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
> i discovered something interesting, too; it's also sending up two
blooms
> [if you've never seen a caladium bloom, it looks sort of like a
miniature
> peace lily or antherium]. i'd offer a picture, but they are both
facing
> into the ferns.
>
> about the "arrow" shape, marge, i've noticed that a lot of the
newer
> introductions have leaves that are more rather than less
triangular. i've
> got one that i really love--the only one that's planted in a
pot--that is
> nearly an equilateral triangle when it first opens up with a bright
red
> center and a narrow green and white edge. it's just now coming up.
i'll