Re: New USDA Zone Map

gotta web site for the map?

At 12:03 PM 5/25/03 -0500, you wrote:
I've been looking over the new USDA Zone map and find that I have been
definitely moved into Zone 6 - though you couldn't prove it by this past
winter.  Gene and I have had a friendly debate going on for some time
about the previous zone listings.  I'm in northeastern IN and he's in
southern IN - not all that far from the Ohio River. The new map appears
to show him in 6, but the area immediately surrounding the river is 7, so
he may be 6 or 7, can't really tell.   The previous zone map (as viewed
in back of AHS A-Z) shows Indiana as zone 5 down to below Indianapolis,
then Zone 6 clearly through the rest of the state, through KY and into
TN.  EXCEPT it also showed a an eliptical dip of Z5 in the central part
of the Zone part 6 portion of IN.  I hadn't noticed that b4 and perhaps
that included Depauw, so he would have been Z5 then. Anyway, the news is,
most of IN is now 6, a narrow ribbon at the bottom is 7, and a big chunk
on the nw side of the stat is still Z5.  I still won't bet the farm on Z6
plants surviving here, but may possibly take a few risks in future.  Has
anyone else experienced a zone change? KittyZone 6, northeastern IN