RE: More rain; plants to plant

we had a good, day-long rain on friday and i had some hope we would get more during the weekend. got a few clouds but no showers, alas.

went to the sarasota succulent society plant sale earlier today. it's always an adventure because you never know what will turn up. today's sale was buy-one-get-one-free. all we bought was an elkhorn fern [only $2.00 for a 1-gallon pot and got a free aloe vera]. but there were also some interesting bargains there that i should have taken advantage of and didn't. they had a bunch of cardboard zamia seedlings, each at least 2 years old, for $3.00 apiece, and several interesting jatrophas, including one i don't think i have, for a couple of dollars each.