Re: weekend gardening recap

Donna, Re -
>>noticed everything is
ready to pop here...Everything seems so alive and huge again...hosta are
just coming up...mine are huge already...Is everyone else ahead or
behind schedule in their gardens<<<

My hosta are all up and looking big, too - the well established ones.
Some just put in in last lear are lagging a little. But what really
surprises me are plants that have performed poorly in past years are
looking terrific. I have a shrub Euonymus that always dies back but this
year it didn't and also put on lush new growth that I actually had to
cut back. And some rhodies that have never flowered, did for the first
time. They budded b4, but always lost them.

>>>First time in ?? everything is in the ground before June 1! Must not
have bought enough plants this year<<<

I thought I'd never get mine in the ground with all the rain and cold,
but this past weekend was perfect. All but those for the front
annual/tender perennial bed are in (because that bed still has about a
half yard of soil to be moved off of it and 30 bags of mulch waiting to
be spread.) I still need to buy a few annuals, but otherwise the plants
are in - even planted the porch basket.