Re: New USDA Zone Map

on 5/28/03 6:26 AM, Donna wrote:

It takes more than a zone area

I trust my own instincts. I keep daily records of temps, rain. clouds & sun
conditions. As winter starts to approach, I check the condition of my
plants, weather to mulch, water more or less. Then when temps really start
to drop I watch for what time of night or early a.m. it comes in to
determine the duration length of the the freeze. some things that are in
pots, I carry to the covered patio & cover them up against the house. I
learned this when I was a grower down in Chino, CA. That was a place to
learn about frost / freezing. The weather could change pretty fast. It was a
"hell" hole as it was half way down the sloping terrain looking back up
where the Mts. were.

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA  USA