Re: zone map

I've never quite understood the zone map.  Never quite made sense to
me....considering all the different variables.  I don't even think the a and b's would
be sufficient.

 Many years ago, I got the Western Gardening book...then they came out with
the National Gardening book.  I very much appreciated the zoning they use,
although confusing in that it uses so many numbers, it seems much more appropriate
for the different areas.  I believe it is called the Sunset zone??  Don't
have the book in front of me to get the exact name they use.

Noreen
zone 9....for what it's worth
Texas Gulf Coast (although I live in "unincorporated" Houston, my soil,
climate, etc. does not match that of Houston, but rather the Gulf Coast area.)