Re: Plant Labels

In a message dated 5/28/03 9:09:40 AM, kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

Plant tags have limited info on them for a reason. First, small tags
cost less. But recently I've been seeing HUGE tags in a lot of pots, but
not much more info. >>

Kitty, working in a greenhouse, I dislike the larger labels. These usually do
not provide much more information but larger photo which many times is not
true to color.  The larger labels get knocked out of the containers more easily
and when the plants are first planted the larger label may block air
circulation and/or light.  When I give a class or program I encourage gardeners to read
the labels which provides great information.  In many cases will even give
plant combinations.  I think you will find shoppers do not use the labels.