Re: New USDA Zone Map

I've been gardening long enough that I don't give a flip about the maps for
myself, but it bums me out that new gardeners read that drivel, plant the
recommended plants, and then feel that *they've done something wrong when
the plants die.

I lecture to more than a thousand gardeners every year, my column reaches
60,000 on paper, plus a over half a mill on the web, and  I hear so many
stories of heartbreak in the garden, it's pathetic, especially since it
doesn't *Need to be that way.

It just ticks me off!

Daryl (getting off soapbox now)