Re: temps

80F is when both I and many of my plants start to wilt...I start
moving in slow motion; don't get half as much accomplished as I do at
60F or even 70F.  Above 80 and I keep on plugging but as a slow
motion ball of perspiration - not too much fun, really.  Find, like
Donna, I am less able to tolerate the heat and humidity as I mature
here...sigh.  I've been really enjoying our cool, damp spring.
Everybody is moaning because it's been raining and cloudy and cool
except me:-)  Perfect gardening weather IMO.  Dread the 90s that are
coming.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
>
> It's true, except that I work outside all day, even in August. My
> neighbors think I'm insane. As long as I've got the water hose to
drink
> out of and spritz myself w/ - I'm good to about 105-110 degrees,
then
> even I come in the house. LOL
>
> Good thing we all seem to like the climates we live in, though I
dare
> say Bonnie in TN could stand it in Texas if she had a mind to,
> temperature-wise!
>
> My folks (in PA) agree w/ Kitty - to them 80 is just TOO darned
hot.  Cracks me up....