Re: Temps/humidity

South Central Texas is also very dry (i.e.San Antonio, Austin, etc.)  Not all
of Houston is humid.  Considering how large Houston is....we have tons of
different climates...and two zones (8 & 9)  I'm far west Houston, so am much
drier than far east Houston for example.  But am more humid than San Antonio.  The
soils are totally different too.

OT....odd way to explain the humidity, but here it goes....... I have
naturally curly hair.  When I got off the plane in Charleston, NC once, I literally
had an afro in a matter of seconds.  (no joke...at least "i" didn't think it
was funny).  When I go to the beach or far east Texas I get very curly...not
afro, but shirley temple for sure.  Here where I live, it's very manageable.  At
mom's in San Antonio, I can actually wear straight do's if I want.  But being
older, more lazy, I kind of let it go au-natural...minus the friz.

 back ON topic......The Valley (South Texas, south of SA) is dry also.....and
what I would consider zone 10, but is listed as 9b.  They rarely if ever have
a freeze, if so, then it tips down to 32 and back up.  Major commercial
citrus growing area down there.  Famous Texas Grapefruit, etc.

More than you wanted to know...sorry....
Texas Gulf Coast