Re: zone map

Most interesting background info. Jim.....you know the neatest
factoids!

What I'm waiting for is a hardiness/heat map that takes humidity,
night temperatures, rainfall, soil, etc. into consideration and
actually might be really useful:-)  Shall I hold my breath until it's
published?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
>
> i agree, also. the sunset zones are terrific--in the west. they are
less so
> in the east. in fact, in my part of the east they are re-numbered
usda zones.

> when sunset--lane publishing, palo alto, california--started it was
> california-only magazine; it asked readers to keep track of their
weather
> and to report it to them. years later, when they slowly expanded
their
> market, they did the same in other areas--but the information was
often
> less useful because it was accumulated over a shorter time period.
the