Re: New USDA Zone Map

Good question, Cathy.  I'm not at all sure much actual thought has
been given to who would use this tool.  I actually bought a copy of
the old map - huge thing; hung it on the wall in my laundry room cum
potting space - interior wall not subject to direct sun.  It has
faded to such an extent you can't tell one zone from another, so,
obviously, nobody paid any attention to ink longevity when they
printed the durn thing...just as I don't think much real attention is
being paid to the map being used as a serious tool.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :